Papal Conclave to Begin Today

As the conclave begins today in Rome, we pray in a special way for the Cardinals who will elect the next Holy Father. This is a historic time for the Church, a time of deep prayer and reflection for Catholics worldwide and in the Archdiocese of St. Louis. We thank Benedict XVI for his great service to Christ Jesus and to the Church, and we pray for the Chair of Saint Peter, which will soon be filled by the next Bishop of Rome and Shepherd of the Universal Church. In the interim, we wait upon the decision of the Holy Spirit and we take comfort in the words of the 1 Samuel, “I will raise up for myself a faithful priest, who shall do according to what is in my heart and in my mind. I will build him a sure house and he shall go in and out before my anointed one forever.” Visit www.stlouisreview.com/papacy for all the latest in papal coverage including FAQs on the theology and history of the papacy. More about the background of the conclave at EWTN.

No comments:

Post a Comment