Twenty-seventh Sunday in Ordinary Time






The apostles said to the Lord, "Increase our faith." The Lord replied, "If you have faith the size of a mustard seed, you would say to this mulberry tree, 'Be uprooted and planted in the sea,' and it would obey you.





The apostles ask Jesus for the gift of faith, and he reassures them with his reply. Just as Jesus heals those who called out to him in their illness or distress by reaching out for him, so it is with the apostles. Only a little faith is necessary for God to supply what is lacking.





God, help me understand that the little faith I have is enough as long as I desire you. Lord, I believe; help my unbelief. Help me see the mulberry trees in my life that the mustard seed of faith can move. I can do little, but as Job says in yesterday’s reading: “I know that you can do all things, and that no purpose of yours can be hindered.”





Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.





Readings


No comments:

Post a Comment