Monday of the Thirty-third Week in Ordinary Time






“Lord, please let me see.” Jesus told him, “Have sight; your faith has saved you.” He immediately received his sight and followed him, giving glory to God. When they saw this, all the people gave praise to God.





A blind man called out to Jesus as he passed by on his way to Jericho. Despite people trying to quiet him, the man called out all the more, “Jesus, Son of David, have pity on me!” When the man was brought to Jesus, he said, “What do you want me to do for you?” As soon as the man asked to see, Jesus spoke, giving him sight. After he received sight, the man followed Jesus, giving glory to God; the people who witnessed this gave praise to God.





It seems almost a given that the man’s physical blindness is symbolic of human spiritual blindness. Yet he was truly physically blind, and Jesus met him where he was, asking, “What do you want me to do for you?” Help me understand, Lord, that I can ask you through prayer to heal me of physical and spiritual illnesses. The blind man had perfect faith in Jesus, and after Jesus healed him, his response was perfect: to follow Jesus and give glory to God.





God, thank you for the gift of your Son, present every minute of every day in the Eucharist and in the Blessed Sacrament. Jesus, in your real presence, give me the grace today to know that I can come to you at any time, asking for your mercy and for eyes of faith that see beyond the mere physical world. Let me know, God, that in the person of Jesus, I have the means to obtain the beatific vision, the hope to see you face to face in heaven.





Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit. As it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.





Readings










https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0jc9_eG_8No









No comments:

Post a Comment