Friday of the Third Week of Advent


Jesus said to the Jews: “The works that the Father gave me to accomplish, these works that I perform testify on my behalf that the Father has sent me.”





In today’s Gospel reading from John, Jesus expresses an essential truth of his character. What he says the Father sent him to do he does. “If I testify on my own behalf, my testimony cannot be verified,” Jesus says. “But there is another who testifies on my behalf, and I know that the testimony he gives on my behalf is true.” Jesus speaks the truth because he accomplishes the will of his Father, who is truth. How do I respond to the Father’s call to live in truth by doing his will?





Thank you, Lord, for the gift of your Son. You bless us with Him in every way. As the psalmist says, “God, our God, has blessed us. May God bless us, and may all the ends of the earth fear him!” Give me the grace to trust your testimony and your every word. I want to understand your meaning by saying, “But I have testimony greater than John’s.” As Saint John Paul II said of John the Baptist: “[He] is above all a model of faith. Following the example of the great Prophet Elijah, in order to listen more attentively to the word of the one Lord of his life, he leaves everything and withdraws to the desert, from which he would issue the resounding call to prepare the way of the Lord.” Through your life, death, and resurrection, Lord, John first prepared the way for us.





Thank you, Lord, for preparing my heart this Advent to receive Jesus, Emmanuel, God with us. Stay with me today.





Glory be to the Father, and to the Son, and to the Holy Spirit, as it was in the beginning, is now, and ever shall be, world without end. Amen.






https://youtu.be/2W-KSOPWWBY




Readings










No comments:

Post a Comment